Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pattern Necklaces

I've made necklaces with first graders before using faceted beads and elastic 'thread'. I knew Kindergarteners would not be able to handle this since some of the first graders had trouble with it. So for the Ks, I bought lanyard and pony beads. I taped the lanyard to their desks and had them put a handful of two different colors of beads on a bowl. They then made AB patterns with the beads.




 The only problem we ran into was that when they were done, they would pull the tape off and forget to hold onto the end that had been taped to the desk. I few of them needed to start over. 

These went home the evening of Open House. I was proud of the students when they were able to explain to their parents what the pattern on their necklace was and what the A and B represented.

No comments:

Post a Comment